MODIFY MODULE RECENT ACTIVITY

MODIFY MODULE RECENT ACTIVITY

by Juan Martinez -
Number of replies: 1

Hello moodlers friends,

I would like your help and like to know if its possible  to modify the recent acivities module and eliminate the label o text appear when a new users register.

Another question:

I would like to know how could I modify the participants module in a specific course : first let not be enable, second can I  eliminate label o text appears as new users, third better than can I select whom appears on this page with their photo.

Another question:

There is any specific documentation or flow chart about level of users with graphics or text

I ask this because I m doing my thesis about a campus virtual with moodle. 

Thanks fellow moodlers,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Martinez

Re: MODIFY MODULE RECENT ACTIVITY

by Tom Murdock -
Juan,

Forgive me if I misunderstand your questions, but I will work on answering them.

A) Can a Moodle installation erase the "recent activities" notification of a new user? Yes, in version 1.3, erase the "recent activity block" or go to the settings and "hide" the recent activity block.

B) Can you erase the participant list? Yes, in version 1.3, erase the "participant block". Can you select some people to appear in the participant block and not others? Not currently... ;(

C) There are currently 4 levels of users: 1) student; 2) teacher 3) course creator (teacher with creation rights); 4) administrator. In later versions of Moodle, these levels will increase and be more configurable, but currently, this is the system.

Finally, I suspect that if a teacher were to erase the "recent activity" and "participant" list blocks (as you've mentioned above) the course would be moving away from the constructivist roots that make Moodle so interesting and helpful. The social aspect of knowing a community, of seeing what others are thinking about, of sharing in tasks is a huge feature of Moodle.

best,
Tom