Databases: multi moodle sites?

Databases: multi moodle sites?

by Mohammad Azhar -
Number of replies: 2

We have three different educational orgnisations, an Online University, A Secondry School for boys and an another Secondry School for girls.

Our online university site is up and functioning,

now, how can we use the same installed moodle for all those 3 projects, or do we have to have 3 different moodle installations. The database contents of all three projects are different, the categorising and theme too would be different.

It is easy to have multi-moodles, infact its just a matter of copy and paste, but, if any modification in the code, it should be replicated in all those three projects.

any better solution??

thanks

---------------------------
keep moodling wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Azhar

Re: Databases: multi moodle sites?

by Gustav W Delius -
You could use the REQUEST_URI  variable to test in your config.php what the current URL is and then set the config variables accordingly. I haven't actually tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let us know about your experiences.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Databases: multi moodle sites?

by Mohammad Azhar -

well, the current url to the university site is http://194.170.31.182/dxb/moodletest/ 

If im not wrong.. with REQUEST_URI i can redirect to which url to go, rather, i can have differnet subdomains for each project.

The idea is to have one moodle installation but more than one database able to connect to it depending on a given variable..

mixed am i missing something here, or its just better to have different moodle installation for each project.