Guest access to courses

Guest access to courses

by J McAlea -
Number of replies: 6

Hi
I have set some courses open my website at http://moodle.vswl.lancsngfl.ac.uk/
but for some reason the Logon box [titled returning to this website]pops up. I have fiddled for hours without success. Anyone got any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J McAlea

Re: Guest access to courses

by chris dennison -

Hi there is an answer to this - I've got it working in 1.8.  There is a variable you can set in config.php:-

$CFG->autologinguests = 1;

I think that was the only change needed...

Chris

In reply to chris dennison

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Or you can find this setting on Administration ► Users ► Permissions ► User policies
In reply to chris dennison

by J McAlea -

Hello Chris

Many thanks for your post. Could you tell me how to gain access to config.php?

Regards

In reply to J McAlea

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Peter,

I have had a look at your site and noticed that there is no guest login button, which is required in order to provide guest access to courses. You can set the guest login button to show via Administration > Users > Authentication.

In addition, if you want visitors to be logged in as guests automatically when entering courses with guest access, you should check the autologinguests box in the location Tim specifies. There is no need for you to edit your config.php file.
In reply to Helen Foster

by J McAlea -

Many thanks for your help. The issue is now sorted. So simple when you know how!