Course for guests

Course for guests

by Bente Olsen -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I have two courses that are open for guests.
Both courses have the availability setting "Allow guests without the key".
In the first course guests can attempt a Hot Potatoes quiz though there is no modification of roles.
In the other course guests should be able to attempt some Moodle Quizzes. To make that possible I have modified (override) the guest role capabilities View quiz information mod/quiz:view and Attempt quizzesmod/quiz:attempt to Allow. I tried it on different levels from course category to activity level, but guests are still asked to enroll when trying to attempt a quiz.

How do I make it possible for quests to do quizzes?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Course for guests

by Bente Olsen -
I have reported this issue in the tracker: MDL-12170
In reply to Bente Olsen

by Bente Olsen -
... and became a little wiser. Anyway it is still at bit of a mystery to me while this goes for the quiz and not for Hot Pot quiz, here it is even not necessary to override the attempt capability to make it possible for guests to use the Hot Pot's.
In reply to Bente Olsen

by Stefan Eberhard -
I dont think that moodle will allow guest to take test in any time. There were discussions about that. I solved the problem in the way that I created several anonymous user accounts with real login and passwords, that can be looked up on the front page. Only the problem to block the profile-editing for theseusers is unsolved, but that is not really very important

user 1001 password 1001
user 1002 password 1002
In reply to Stefan Eberhard

by Bente Olsen -
Thanks for your suggest. I thought about the same myself, but I don't want anonymous users to be able to enrol in other courses, so in my case users will have to create their own profile.

Thanks for the message too (Stefan send me a message to let me know he answered), nice idea.