1.3 Restore - Maybe a Bug???

1.3 Restore - Maybe a Bug???

by Tranquil Earth -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I love the backup and restore functions.

Today, I went to try something I haven't done before, I wanted to combine 3 existing Courses.  I made a backup of all before-hand wink.

I restored the shortest Course into the Longest Course, by selecting add to Course.  This worked fine, no errors or anything, except when I went to checkout the combined Course, the first lesson (topic outline structure), has been overwritten by the newly imported Course and so have a few other areas that had the same name e.g. Introduction.  As the shorter Course was only one Lesson, I guess it added this lesson to the top.  I was actually hoping, it would add this lesson to the bottom in a NEW topic, not overriding anything else.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is this a Moodle Bug?

It isn't a huge problem being only one lesson, as I made backups of everything.  I can find away around this by moving all the lessons down in the larger Course, so as I have a blank lesson at the top, but it's not practical and I don't think that's the way this is suppose to work, hopefully?

Kind Regards,

Penny

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tranquil Earth

Re: 1.3 Restore - Maybe a Bug???

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Penny,

I think that every activity added from a backup file never overwrites existing data, so it could be a bug, really. I've take a look to the code and I cannot find (basic reviewed only) the reason for your issue.

Can you send me (privately) a copy of your (3) courses to be able to test it? And the order used to restore them, of course. This could accelerate the investigation of your issue...

TIA and ciao smile