upgrade to moodle 1.3 gives "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /usr/moodle/mod/work shop/lib.php on line 1900" error

upgrade to moodle 1.3 gives "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /usr/moodle/mod/work shop/lib.php on line 1900" error

by Tom Czachor -
Number of replies: 11

I had Moodle 1.2 up and running fine, downloaded the 1.3, started the upgrade process and got "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /usr/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 1900"

HELP! database upgrades all went with no errors, then the above error showed up. What do I do?

Running Fedora.

Thanks

tom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Czachor

Re: upgrade to moodle 1.3 gives "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /usr/moodle/mod/work shop/lib.php on line 1900" error

by Chris Morgan -
I have made several attempts to download both versions of the new release but they have all been corrupt in some way. There does seem to be a problem!
In reply to Chris Morgan

Re: upgrade to moodle 1.3 gives "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /usr/moodle/mod/work shop/lib.php on line 1900" error

by Bryan Williams -
I have also found the new 1.3 release .gz file to be corrupt.  Unzipping creates a single 25800k file of unknown type. 
In reply to Bryan Williams

.tgz file is not corrupt

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's not corrupt. That's a .tar file. smile .tgz == .tar.gz

A command to unpack it on a Unix command line is:

tar xvzf moodle-1.3.tgz

Otherwise just get the .zip file and

unzip moodle-1.3.zip
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: .tgz file is not corrupt

by Bryan Williams -
Sourceforge download server must be garfing the file, as it downloaded with ".gz" extension.
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: .tgz file is not corrupt

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Its not sourceforge - do you use Internet Explorer? Its a MIME type thing - it is getting confused by the tgz extension.

Martin - why not use the more common .tar.gz? (I'm writing this knowing that you will have a really good reason smile )
In reply to Tom Czachor

by Tom Czachor -
I got it!! The memory size needed to be increased, bumped it from 8m to 16m. Almost had heart failure!!
In reply to Tom Czachor

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

congratulations, you found it!!

As a reference, it's documented in these linked "Allowed memory size" words (showing you one entry from the FAQ glossary).

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Tom Czachor -

I did find that out, "after" I got it fixed..smile So much stuff in Moodle, I'm still figuring it all out!! Now I know to look at those linked items.

tom

In reply to Tom Czachor

by jos josjos -

i received this error, can some one help me

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/virtual/site379/fst/var/www/html/e-learning/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2342

In reply to jos josjos

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can find a probably solution to this in the FAQ (I'd copy and paste it but I'm running el moz and it won't let me paste into the WYSIWYG editor.
In reply to jos josjos

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Click on the gray link in your post.