Restoring from a Tar file

Restoring from a Tar file

by Matt Riordan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

I had to rebuild my Linux Moodle box. I restored MySQL and Moodle from a tar file, but now when I access the site, I get these messages:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access /var/www/moodledata/sessions owned by uid 72 in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 105

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access /var/www/moodledata/sessions owned by uid 72 in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1417

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access /var/www/moodledata/sessions owned by uid 72 in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1418

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/var/www/moodledata/sessions)

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access /var/www/moodledata/sessions owned by uid 72 in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 108

I can go in and edit the various php files, but I don't want to break anything. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Riordan

Re: Restoring from a Tar file

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers