Problem by assigning roles to categories

Problem by assigning roles to categories

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Translators

Hello,

We are using Moodle 1.8.2.

We have for example: 3 categories and some sub-categories in them and some courses in each sub-category. By assigning roles to one category to some user (this user can only see the courses and all over the category that we assigned him). When he sign in to the site he can see where "my courses" the names of the courses right away instead of the name of the category and its the sub-Categories and then only the courses.

Why can't it be displayed like that instead of a long list of the courses. why isn't it categories withing "my courses".

Thanks ,

I hope there is an answer.

I just check in moodle 1.9 which we have from 2 months ago and still the same problem.

Miki 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: Problem by assigning roles to categories

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Miki,

The purpose of My courses is to provide direct links to a user's courses. Only administrators and users not yet enrolled in any courses see course categories.

If it is important to you that course categories are displayed, you may wish to consider adding a feature request to the tracker (see the tracker documentation for more information).
In reply to Helen Foster

תשובה ל: Re: Problem by assigning roles to categories

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

ok

thanks'

I though there might be a way through the settings but I guess I'll have to request it withing the tracker

thanks again

In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Problem by assigning roles to categories

by ian lake -

You could use the 'my courses' block which gives a tree view of My Courses. We use 1.8.2

ian

Attachment MyCourses.png
In reply to ian lake

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: Problem by assigning roles to categories

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

thanks

I will try that