"Never Seen"

"Never Seen"

by Donald Reiher -
Number of replies: 1

We need to have a way for parents to track student work.  They are spending hours trying to figure out exactly what their kid has done each day.

It would solve everything if there was a little checkbox at the bottom of every resource, text or lesson page entitled "completed."  It would be even better if there could be a time stamp.

1.  Is there a workaround?

2.  Has someone customized Moodle 1.82 for better tracking. . . and/or can someone help us to do this ASAP?  I have a few programming resources, and I just need some "quickstart" type of advice to roll it out.  I would be happy to share it with everyone else, once we test it and it works.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Donald Reiher

Re: "Never Seen"

by Donald Reiher -
Ok. . . I did a bit of work today on this.
I changed the lang file from "Never seen" to "not gradeable not trackable" so that parents will not think that their kids are skipping this resource.

I did a little snooping and found out that time stamps are actually working on resources when I actually login as the user and then click on the resource and then look at the activity complete report. I cannot figure out where the "viewed resource" timestamp is stored. There is only one table. . . mdl_resource and I cannot find any user information linked to it anywhere in any of the other tables.

Can anyone shed some light on where the timestamp for viewed resource lives?

Thanks,
Don