Sorting teachers of a course

Sorting teachers of a course

by Jose Hales-Garcia -
Number of replies: 1
I remember in Moodle version 1.4, I could sort the order in which teachers were listed. In the teacher assignment interface, there existed a field to enter the sort order, and when you saved the settings, the list of teachers were ordered according to the numbers assigned.

We've since upgraded to Moodle 1.7 and this feature in the interface is gone. The assignment of teachers is now done in the roles interface and the sort field doesn't exist in this interface.

The teachers are now being sorted by the internal id of the user. So, if the principal lecturer's Moodle account was created after an assistant lecturer's account, the principal lecturer's name appears after the assistant lecturer's.

I would like to override the default sorting with a user defined sorting, as was possible before. Does anyone know if this is possible any longer, preferably without hacking?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Hales-Garcia

Re: Sorting teachers of a course

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jose,

You can sort the order in which teachers are listed in Moodle 1.7 onwards by using the up/down arrows in Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.

You will need to assign principal lecturers and assistant lectures different roles and ensure both roles are ticked in Administration > Appearance > Course managers.