Groups In Workshop Module

Groups In Workshop Module

by Jody Watson -
Number of replies: 4
I have groups of students doing an assignment.  I have 4 groups (4 students in each group).  They have submitted their assignment (one person from each group has uploaded it).  What I would like to do is have the 16 students be able to log in and assess each of the assignments on their own.  Because I have had one student submit it to the workshop he/she are the only ones that can assess.  Is there something that I can make this work?  Thanks in advance,  J. Watson
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jody Watson

Re: Groups In Workshop Module

by John Isner -
I like what you are trying to do, but unfortunately, I don't think it is possible, and furthermore I think you have misunderstood how groups interact with activities like workshop. If you used separate group mode, then you effectively created four completely separate Workshops. Members of each group are peers and assess each other. If you chose visible groups, I'm not sure what happens, but I suspect the behavior is identical to separate groups.

Using groups does not mean the group makes a single submission. Individual members are still expected to submit individually, are assessed individually, and assess the work of their group peers.
In reply to John Isner

by Jody Watson -

Hi John;

Thanks for the response.  What I am trying to accomplish is for a group to submit a group project (in this case a video).  Have each student evaluate every groups work (individually) so that there is more feedback and that those students that might be quiet in a group can voice their opinions in a more 'safe' enviroment (for them).  Have you looked at all at Andreas Söllei work.  I got a response that the groups will work there and it looks promising, but I just haven't had a chance to go through it in its entirity.

Talk to you soon,

Jody Watson

In reply to Jody Watson

by John Isner -
They have something called "teams" which is a new concept unrelated to groups, and I believe it is close to what you want.