I am not able to change email addresses

I am not able to change email addresses

by Manuel de la Torre -
Number of replies: 3
I have Moodle 1.7.2+ and I have the following problem...

When users change their email in their profile page, the change does not take effect... all the emails are sended to the originial email and not to the new email that the user changed....

I viewed the mdl-user table and the new email is Ok. It looks to me that the old email is chached in some place....

Can some body help me solve this problem.

Thanks!

Manuel.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manuel de la Torre

Re: I am not able to change email addresses

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Manuel,

Regarding email copies of Moodle messages, please note that the email address may be different from the email address in a user's profile page.

The email address for email copies of Moodle messages can be changed via the Settings tab in the messaging window.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Manuel de la Torre -
Hi Helen.

You are complety right, I didn't notice that until you told me. Do you know why can a user set two different emails in Moodle?

Manuel.
In reply to Manuel de la Torre

by Stuart Mealor -
Often students set the email address in the Messages block to something other than their 'official' email address. It can cause problems as they often seem to use @gmail or @yahoo etc. and either don't check those accounts, or they fill up and then generate error messages sad

Of course, if they spell the address wrong, and setup the Messages to auto-forward when they are offline this causes error messages too sad

Stuart