Administration problem

Administration problem

by Rob Jansen -
Number of replies: 6

Hello all,

Currently I'm trying to install Moodle. I'm also following the instructions as found on this site. Sadly enough I lready got stuck somewhere in the beginnning. I just installed EasyPHP, I know it is running since I have the black E in my toolbar. The next step is to set up a database. The instructions tell you to right-click on the black E, and then choose "Administration".

Sadly enough "Administration" is greyed out with me. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Jansen

Re: Administration problem

by Ray Lawrence -

The black E in the toolbar needs to have a flashing red square. Right click on the black E and select Start. You should now find "Administration" is available.

Ray

Attachment ephp.jpg
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Rob Jansen -

Thanks, it works now. But now while trying to create a database this is themessage I get back.

Error

SQL-query : 

CREATE DATABASE `moodle`

MySQL retourneerde:

#1007 - Ne peut créer la base 'moodle'. Elle existe déjà
What might be the problem here. 
In reply to Rob Jansen

by Jan Dierckx -
Are you sure you haven't created a database with the name "moodle"?
I'm also using EasyPhp and in the left pane I can select different databases in the dropdownbox. Are you sure there isn't one already that is called "moodle"? Mine is called moodle and when i want to create a new one with the same name I also get the error message you mentioned...
Maybe you created a database during one of your earlier attempts?
I've got it installed using EasyPhp, so if you have more questions maybe i can help you out...

Besides, there is an english language pack for EasyPhp.
Doesn't exist in Dutch as far as I know... wink
In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Rob Jansen -

Thanks, for the quick reply. I think I indeed created a database, so I guess it is working correctly.

At the moment I'm changing the config.php file.

Thanks, for you offer for more help. I think I might need it.

English is not a problem for me, although Dutch would be nice as well. Who knows in the future it might be available. Can I judge from your name that you are Dutch? If so, i would like to talk to somebody in person about Moodle.

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Rob Jansen -

Okay, now while trying to web-based setup I get the following message in my browser

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\config.php on line 61

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check_php_version() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\admin\index.php on line 15

I've opened both files but can't really see what is wrong. I don't know how to determine what is line 61 or 15 for that matter.

thanks

In reply to Rob Jansen

by Jan Dierckx -
I think there's a typo in your config.php
Which program did you use to edit it?
Did you end every line you edited with a semicolon?
Take a look at the discussion at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4388

If you cannot find the solution, you can post your config.php here or mail it to me.
(Inderdaad ik ben nederlandstalig, woon in Vlaanderen)