Moodle documentation: Volunteers wanted to add content to "Moodle Features" list

Moodle documentation: Volunteers wanted to add content to "Moodle Features" list

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 16
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm looking for some fine volunteers to continue filling out this new course with examples that show all the main variations of each module.  Like, today if possible.  smile

Moodle Features

I think this will make a very nice download for sites.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle documentation: Volunteers wanted to add content to "Moodle Features" list

by Art Lader -
Would you like us to upload stuff as replies in this thread?
-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

Re: Moodle documentation: Volunteers wanted to add content to "Moodle Features" list

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Nope, let me know if you want to be teachers.  smile

by Martin Dougiamas -
Actually, I just made a whole lot of likely suspects into teachers already so please feel free to fill in any gaps that you see!

by Hans de Zwart -
Would it be a good idea, to constantly have an updated backup of this new course available so that people can use it in their own courses? Maybe add it somewhere on the Modules and Add-ons page?
When it has reached a definitive state I would love to translate it. It wouldn't be hard because I do not have to replicate the whole structure. Just translate the proper activities.
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Martin Dougiamas -
Absolutely, yes, I'm planning to make it downloadable.

I hadn't thought of translations but that's a good idea.

Some of the media in there is a bit big .. if people find small but fun examples of movies, sounds etc please replace them.

by Ger Tielemans -
Very good demo this features course. (Only Quicktime and program are brokenunder windows2000/IE6, all others work fine!! gives a very goodimpression of what is possible!)

by elearning edu -

Hi Martin,

I volunteer to participate in this project.

Prof.V.Nagarajan.

In reply to elearning edu

by Tom Murdock -
Welcome, You've been added as a teacher. Can you help with the quiz and the workshop examples?

best,
Tom
In reply to Tom Murdock

by elearning edu -

Hi Tom,

Thanks.  I will start with multiple choice.

Prof.v.Nagarajan

In reply to Tom Murdock

by elearning edu -

I attach herewith the multiple choice quiz on teacher aptitude. the zip file consists of 100 questions in GIFT format.  BTW what is the procedure to submit the quizzes.

Prof.V.Nagarajan

by Colin Lawson -

I would like to volunteer - can someone tell me which feature to work on - I can start straight away.

Thanks,

Colin Lawson 

In reply to Colin Lawson

by Tom Murdock -
I'll add you in now. Can you create some quizzes using different kinds of questions?

Thanks,
Tom
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Colin Lawson -

OK - will do.

Colin

In reply to Colin Lawson

by Colin Lawson -

Sorry Tom am I being stupid?  I do not seem to have the teacher status necessary for me to create a new quiz,  or have I missed something? 

Colin

by Mark Little -
How do you upload this course into your own moodle?

Do you have to create the structure of the course yourself.