Installing and upgrading help
Installation on WAMP
You many use WAMP or XAMPP, both are almost the same. Maybe you would like to try Moodle Packages for Windows too, it's easier to apply.
1. WAMP/XAMPP+Moodle installation:
- Install WAMP or XAMPP
- Create a new empty database: http://localhost/phpMyadmin, collation: utf8_general_ci
- Unzip Moodle to www folder (WAMP), htdocs folder (XAMPP).
- Install Moodle: http://localhost/moodle/install.php, fill in the database name, username: root, password: (empty)
2. Moodle packages for windows: http://download.moodle.org/windows/
Just follow the screen instructions.
Detail installation guide: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_AMP#Windows
Which moodle do I need to download and install in WAMP? Window or XAMPP?
Usually there is a simple fix, but sometimes there is not. So start with the simplest:
In your text editor, not Notepad btw, but TextPad or Notepad++ both of which are freely downloadable, but Notepad++ is the right price, open the drive:\yourpathtomoodle\moodle\config.php file. Look for the line
$CFG->wwwroot = 'localhost';
Replace it with your network url so it reads something like:
$CFG->wwwroot = 'http://192.168.1.109/moodle';
Save and close it, then try it, this should work.
If not, then there is another reason, with a different solution.
Hi Colin and all,
I installed moodle properly.
It works fine with 'LocalHost'.
But, i want to use it in LAN.
So i have made change in 'config.php'
$CFG->wwwroot = '