Want to resolve minor problems before conference demo

Want to resolve minor problems before conference demo

by Steven Day -
Number of replies: 2
Since time is tight, could I ask for some help with a few minor problems with Calendar before I demo Moodle next week? I just uploaded the latest cvs today, which made Calendar more functional but also introduced a few other problems.

First, there are double brackets around courseevents. Minor but not pretty.

Second, I love the popup window on the main page calendar. My hyperlink shows up there but a graphic is missing. I uploaded the event.gif but it still does not display. Any ideas? [This seems to be a browser issue; only happens with Safari, not Firefox]

Lastly, should I not be using the old event module any longer? Debugging gives me the following errors:

• Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/functions.php on line 20

• Notice: Undefined variable: db_persistent in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/php-dbi.php on line 48

• Notice: Undefined variable: session_not_found in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/connect.php on line 53

• Notice: Undefined variable: login in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/connect.php on line 103

• Notice: Undefined variable: LANGUAGE in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/translate.php on line 10

• Notice: Undefined variable: LANGUAGE in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/translate.php on line 11

• Notice: Undefined variable: LANGUAGE in /home/stevend/public_html/moodle/mod/event/webcalendar/includes/translate.php on line 11

Thanks in advance.

Steven
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Day

Re: Want to resolve minor problems before conference demo

by Tak Lee -

Hi Steven,

I have just visited your site on Chinese courses and the rest of your work.  Very impressive!  I am very interested in seeing how you teach Chinese using moodle.  I hope to pick up some tips from you if you do not mind. 

Thanks in advance.

Tak

In reply to Tak Lee

Re: Want to resolve minor problems before conference demo

by Steven Day -
Thanks Tak. Thus far, I have not used Moodle for teaching yet. I do plan to, however, for the upcoming academic year. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I'm more than willing to offer tips but at this stage I'm still a relative newcomer to Moodle. Be sure to join the Language Teacher's Forum.

Best,

Steven