Open ended questions

Open ended questions

by Peter Wallace -
Number of replies: 2

This question may be in the wrong place, and if so, please direct me to the right place.

I love the quiz module for multiple choice questions, but I would like to have a way of including questions which require longer answers - paragraphs or even longer. To mark them it would be nice for the teacher to be able to call up the student responses and have the criteria for marking displayed and have a placed to enter the allocated mark or grade for that question. When all the questions have been allocated a mark, a calculation would provide a total mark. For graded questions, a profile of grades allocated for each question could be displayed so the teacher could determine an overall grade.

Has this kind of feature been suggested before?

Peter Wallace

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Wallace

Re: Open ended questions

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Peter Wallace
The Journal Module has been suggested in this context (open ended questions) before.
Also I have used the forum for this use - the forum allows scales to be applied.
I am looking for something a little more structured than the forum now (with more than one box, for several long answer questions). I think that there may be another module may also be appropriate.
Tim
takemoto