HTML Editor not showing and cache issue

Re: HTML Editor not showing and cache issue

by John Fitchett -
Number of replies: 0

Godaddy has replied. I sent this message:

When I or my course members go to a page with the html editor on it (such as is displayed after clicking 'reply' to a post on the forum) and then refresh the page the editor does not reloaded.

The editor appears to load the first time the page is encountered, but thereafter it is not displayed unless the cache is cleared or the page is reloaded with ctrl+F5.

In addition pics (such as jpgs do not display as well.)

This problem cannot be my browser or something on my machine as my members also have the same problem. Please help!

Reply from Godaddy:

I was able to duplicate this behavior in the Firefox web browser only. When I tested the functionality of the edit box in Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 6 and IE Tab within Firefox, the editing toolbar remained in all cases, no matter how many times I refreshed the page.

The editing toolbar on that interface appears to be one generated by JavaScript coding, which is rendered solely by the browser viewing the page and is not dependent on server settings. This is also indicated to be a JavaScript related issue, as your screen shot shows the Error on Page warning in the lower-left corner of the browser window when the toolbar has failed to load, but not in the screen shot in which the toolbar loads without issue. That Error on Page indicator means that there was a JavaScript related error on the page or when loading the page. There is nothing on our hosting that would cause this behavior. This is going to be something related specifically to the Moodle application and the editing interface that it is using. You may wish to contact Moodle support for further assistance.

Can anyone help? How can I get the html editor working consistently?