User Picture Uploads

User Picture Uploads

by Ruben Fonseca -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Having a problem with user picture uploads.  Running the latest from CVS.  When trying to replace the default user pic with upload, the following error is returned:

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/radiolog/shpdata/users/1/f1.jpg' for writing in /home/radiolog/public_html/shp/moodle/lib/gdlib.php on line 159

I have verified that the upload actually exists in the data directory.  I think this has to do with ownership but cannot figure it out.  All of the data folders/subfolders are chmod 777.

Thanks for the input.

Ruben

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruben Fonseca

Re: User Picture Uploads

by Mark Hughes -

Hmm....it sure does sound like a permission problem...Double check that f1.jpg has full read/write access...get into the folder and type

ls -l f1.jpg   

copy and paste the results here.  I somehow still think that even though you typed chmod 0777 * that it's not actually that.

Some systems get cranky if permissions are too loose (if you're server is running suexec, for example) you might be better off setting permissions to 0750.  Either way, do a ls -l and paste the data here and we'll know more.

Mark

In reply to Mark Hughes

Re: User Picture Uploads

by Ruben Fonseca -

Hi Mark,

came back with:

-rw -rw -rw

I fixed this by placing a copy of  the .htaccess file from the lib folder into my moodle directory.

thanks anyway.

smile

Ruben