How to remove Site Administrators from ALL courses?

How to remove Site Administrators from ALL courses?

by Shuo Feng -
Number of replies: 6
We have a couple of administrators in the system, and their names are shown in all courses. How can we remove or make them invisible (hidden assignment did not work for some reason) from ALL courses? Thanks for replying.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shuo Feng

Re: How to remove Site Administrators from ALL courses?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

The most likely reason for admins being listed as course participants is that they are assigned a role in addition to their admin role. Perhaps you could check this.

Regarding hidden assignments, please note that they are not hidden from admins or teachers i.e. users with the capability to view hidden assignments.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Brittany McClain -

I was curious to know what "this" was. I myself am having difficulties with the three admins showing up in all of the courses we have listed. I have tried going in a removing them by hand one course at the time only to find that once I reached the end they were already starting to get re-enrolled in those couses again. Please let me know what I can do to permanently fix it to where the administrators are not automatically enrolled as a teacher in all courses.

Thank you,

Brittany

In reply to Brittany McClain

by Brittany McClain -
We are currently using Moodle 1.6 and can't seem to get the Administrators removed permanantly. Any help would be great!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mike Jackson -
I am trying to figure out how to check whether an admin has been assigned another role - I have 3 admins who are showing up as participants in every course on the site. The account I use as a teacher is an admin account and I appear on all course lists...
TIA
In reply to Mike Jackson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You could try downloading the User's roles report from contrib, and plugging it in. That will list all the role assignments of a particular user for you.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jari Ylitapio -
Hi Tim,

I had a problem with the administrator account who was set as a teacher for every course we had, it was using this "User's roles report' that helped me.

It was easy to install and use, my initial problem that made me look for and find this patch was that after installing moodle 1.9 and enabling the "notify teacher with email when student makes a quizz" feature the administrator was getting to much emails from Moodle... smile

I tryed to find the role assignments by hand but was not successful, with this tool it took me 30 seconds to find that the administrator account was assigned the role as a techer for every course on the site and system level.

After removing those role assignments with the tool everything is ok.

Thanks to both you for posting and showing me the right direction and Open University who made the code.

Regards Jari