Tables in database

Tables in database

by Paul Flynn -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,
I am getting the 'Could not create guest user record' meaage. I have 'repaired' the database but still no joy. I believe I am missing some tables in the database including mdl_user. There are approx 85 table (alphabetically up to mdl_log.
What should I do?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Flynn

Re: Tables in database

by Jez H -
Hi Paul,

Yes you are missing a LOT of tables.

Is there no way to recover the missing tables? Do you have a backup of your old database?

If you host with a third party they it is worth asking if they have a backup, hosting companies often do weekly / fortnightly backups.

Failing that then take a backup of your database and data files now.

You could then try doing a clean install of Moodle, then try to copy data over from your existing course tables etc. and see if you can recover some of the content from your site, i.e. backup and export your courses, then re-import to another clean install.

It sounds like a real nightmare, depending on the amount of data in the system it may be easier to start from scratch. If you have exported / backed up courses then this maybe the better option.... it really depends on the value of the data you have lost as to how much effort you should invest in trying to recover it.

Get more opinions on this though, there are other users with more experience in this area than I.

Jeremy