NWiki 2.0

NWiki 2.0

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 27
Hi guys,
we are back from vacation... Ferran Recio ( the F from DFwiki ) is back to the team (and David is not that far, in fact is in the team but in another project that we need to do just to be alive wink )
In this post I'm presentinga new nwiki version of nwiki that we named NWiki 2.0. But Why ? ... Because NWiki is not going to be in 1.9 sad but looks like chances are good for it to be in Moodle 2.0 ... So its a good name.
This version does not include any new feature except that the installation procedure has been rebuild completelly... (the great pigui is to take the blame). This means that old issues with installation we all have been sufering should be gone, and postgres and othe databases users can install now nwiki...
This version should work with 1.8 and 1.9 beta but please, please, please backup your tables before installing it.
More information on the general dev forum thread about this release in the moodle docs nwiki roadmap page and in our site.
Ah the code is in the CVS (contrib) and also in a new release in our site, please be careful when trying and backup your database if is a production site!!!
May the force be with all of us!
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: NWiki 2.0

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Come on guys!
Nobody says a word about the last nwiki release (named nwiki 2.0 for obvious contextual reasons, and beacuse the installation migration engine was coded from scratch) I KNOW that some of you have downloaded... this silence means "no news good news" or means... "man I did'nt even could get started so I dumpet into the trash..."
Feedback will be rewarded with beers in spanish moodlemoot next month.
L.

by José Eduardo Martins -

I upgrade Nwiki 2.0 version on my Moodle 1.8.2+.

We reconfigured our system to begin the next classroom period.

I choose work wiki in separate groups mode. But if one student is editing the wiki of your group ALL other student in diferents groups get the lock message when try edit wiki.

What I could do to fix it.
In reply to José Eduardo Martins

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi José,

we know this problem and we are fixing it. Next release will solve this bug.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to José Eduardo Martins

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
As Pigui says we are oth this issue and will be fixed in a few days... But the good news is that the new install procedure is not crashing for anyone wink
Let's celebrate (till the bug reports kick in big grin )
L.

by Stuart Anderson -
Sorry Ludo, term starts in a week for me and I'm getting moodle ready. I'll look at nwiki 2.0 in a week or two. I have a bunch of parser tests at home which I'll run though it and let you know the results.

Nice to see the nwiki team back from their well earned break and developing again!

--Stuart.

by Juan Marín -
Hi nWiki Team!!

The academic year begin this week and I am updating my moodle production server from 1.7 to 1.8.2+.

What version do you recomend to me to install?
wiki_1.8_rev2007061102.zip
or
NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007090601.zip

As a production server, I need the more stable (If I have time y test the 2.0 in a clon server)
In reply to Juan Marín

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Juan,

do you have allready installed nwiki in you production server? NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007090601.zip will fix some bugs and add new functionalities.

do you have the old wiki? wiki_1.8_rev2007061102.zip will fix less bugs. You will get the same improvements.

NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007090601.zip has a new installation/ewiki migration process. It could be "dangerous" to install it in a produccion server without testing it before. Trying it in your clon server will help you to decide. You must create a backup.

We've had many downloads last 2 weeks and there is no complaints about new migration process in this forum, so I'm pretty sure that it really works.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Juan Marín -
I start with CLON.
Previous system: moodle 1.7.2 UTF migrated and Nwiki (i don't remember the version number, but after march 2007)

I put the NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007090601.zip but I have a problems migrating.

(mysql): SHOW TABLES

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN editorrows SMALLINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 30
Éxito

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN editorrows SMALLINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 30
Éxito

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN editorcols SMALLINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 120
Éxito

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN editorcols SMALLINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT 120
Éxito

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN wikicourse BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
1054: Unknown column 'wikicourse' in 'mdl_wiki'

Scroll to previous warningUpgrading wiki from 2007032801 to 2007090601 FAILED!Scroll to continue button

by Juan Marín -
A bit more information:

In the second page after migration process, the system logout me (and probably that is the reason the migration script hangs on Nwiki tables.

After this attempt, I restore my data base, eliminate the Wiki folder in mod/ overwrite the files with the extracted files from wiki_1.8_rev2007061102.zip and start the upgrade.

Again I was logout in the second page, but this time I log in and a page with configuration variables appear, I fill the data and continue the upgrade without problems.

In brief, I don't know if the hang in my first attempt was due to Nwiki2.0 or to don'nt log in me again after the first upgrade of tables.

by Juan Marín -
Problem confirmed.

In this 3th Attempt, I restore my clon to the freeze start and try again with Nwiki2.0 and login in... and... installation Hangs (and log out me each time)
(would be a permissions bug?)

Anyway, I remain with version 1.8 from now.

Éxito

Éxito

Éxito

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_wiki MODIFY COLUMN wikicourse BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
1054: Unknown column 'wikicourse' in 'mdl_wiki'

Scroll to previous warningUpgrading wiki from 2007032801 to 2007090601 FAILED!Scroll to continue button

In reply to Juan Marín

by Jordi Piguillem -
So you have installed nwiki 2007032801 without this field surprise. It is strange becouse this field was created in version 2006112502.

It possible that old migration didn't create it.

I'm going to write a little patch.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to Juan Marín

by Jordi Piguillem -
You can download a new release fixing your problem.

Thanks for your feedback. We were such worried about ewiki migration that we haven't tested new nwiki upgrade between "all" diferent releases and Moodle versions (impossible job).

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by Matt Gibson -
Upgraded to the latest version and now I get

This is an unknown context () in get_parent_contexts!

in my blog menu block on the front page.

Any idea why?

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Jordi Piguillem -
Blog menu block? I don't know. Are you sure that the error is in this block?

by Matt Gibson -
Oddly, it seems to have gone away now. Very strange.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Matt Gibson -
Although I have the right tabs at the top, my wiki interface seems to have lost the 'default editor' setting and the groups stuff (just no groups, separate groups, visible groups now). Is this right and will those features be coming back?
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Matt Gibson -
I didn't see the 'Show advanced' button.

I'm an idiot.

Having said that, the summary I carefully wrote is now no longer visible at the top of the first page when the students go to submit something, so they have no instructions. Is this deliberate?

by Jeroen Kleijn -

Jordi,

I tried to install NWiki 2.0 on our 1.8.2+ server

I copied the contents of the directories blocks, mod,course, lang and theme into the related directories on the moodle server.

When I went to the admin screen (notices), there was a blank screen (no database update)

Did I do something wrong?

regards

Jeroen Kleijn

The Netherlands

In reply to Jeroen Kleijn

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi,

did you have nwiki installed? I mean, there are no changes in database in this release.

Does nwiki works?

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by Jeroen Kleijn -

Hi Jordi,

I don't know whether you replied to my question.

I had the standard wiki in 1.8.2 (I removed from the activities maintenance screen)

I installed the NWiki2.0 package as I discribed in my previous message (copied with ftp the file to the relevant directories.

Nothing happens. I cant see the wiki activity or whatsoever

Jeroen Kleijn

In reply to Jeroen Kleijn

by Juan Marín -
Hi Jeroen,
Do you delete the mod/wiki folder from the standard 1.8.2 previous to "install" NWIKI?

If you did it, you need the help from Jordi or WikiTEAM.

But if you didn't, try to delete the folder mod/wiki first and copy the folders of the Nwiki.

by Juan Marín -
NO problems With NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007091901.zip downloaded the 24th sept 2007.

It seems to work perfectly. Thanks

by Matt Gibson -

Hi Ludo & Jordi,

I've got a problem with students who are in 2 groups. Seems that the SQL cannot cope with it. I found that students could not see the edit option at all sometimes:

Error: Turn off debugging to hide this error.

SELECT gm.groupid, gm.userid FROM mdl_groups g, mdl_groups_members gm, mdl_groups_courses_groups gcg WHERE gm.userid='879' AND gcg.groupid = g.id AND gm.groupid = g.id AND gcg.courseid = '64'(with limits 0, 100)

Found more than one record in get_record_sql !

Array ( [123] => Array ( [userid] => 879 ) [140] => Array ( [userid] => 879 ) ) 
Error: Turn off debugging to hide this error.

SELECT gm.groupid FROM mdl_groups g, mdl_groups_members gm, mdl_groups_courses_groups gcg WHERE gm.userid='879' AND gm.groupid=g.id AND gcg.groupid=g.id AND gcg.courseid='64'(with limits 0, 100)

Very strange error in get_record_sql !

ADORecordSet_mysql Object ( [databaseType] => mysql [canSeek] => 1 [dataProvider] => native [fields] => Array ( [groupid] => 123 ) [blobSize] => 100 [sql] => SELECT gm.groupid FROM mdl_groups g, mdl_groups_members gm, mdl_groups_courses_groups gcg WHERE gm.userid='879' AND gm.groupid=g.id AND gcg.groupid=g.id AND gcg.courseid='64' LIMIT 100 [EOF] => [emptyTimeStamp] =>   
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Matt

I'm going to add this issue to Tracker becouse we have to solve this bug. Wiki group system was disigned for Moodle1.6 when a person only could belong to a group.

I know about this problem since Moodle1.7 version was released but nobody had time to fix it.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by José Eduardo Martins -
Hello,

I encountered a new bug in NWiki 2.0, I suppose.

My students works in separate group modes. The members of one this groups can't edit wiki. When they click in wiki link they receive a page where there is no any tabs and can't edit your text. At this time, this error occurred only for one group in many others groups where all works well.

[]´s

--
Zé Eduardo