What's the initial admin logon?

What's the initial admin logon?

by Stefan Gössler -
Number of replies: 5
just completed installation.

Currently I cannot add accounts and have no logon for admin. Not sure whether this has to be set up using the admin acc or whether this is a different issue. Trying the most simple solution first:

is there an initial admin logon and if so... which is it.

Using the latest moodle install.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Gössler

Re: What's the initial admin logon?

by Stefan Gössler -
ok I found now that the final part of the installation was aborted for some reason I got through the "confirm" part but then I was not asked for admin setup.

Do I have to start over again?
In reply to Stefan Gössler

by Kimball Findlay -
I am also having this same problem. Even went back and started over doing the install again with the same result. Using Moodle 1.8.2. Would be interested in knowing how to proceed.
In reply to Kimball Findlay

by John Young -
I am also having the same problem and have tried reinstalling several times.  It seams like the session times out before moodle can finish its install.  I have set the max timout to php to -1 (no time out) and in IIS to days but did not help.
In reply to John Young

by Neil Granoien -
I had the same problem as others. I was attempting to load moodle on my own apache server, using mysql (5.X). I kept getting errors in loading the basic db, which results in there being no admin profile page. The instructions say not to use mysql in strict mode. Evidently, this is because the moodle db build parameters require some flexibility. The GUI that comes with mysql wouldn't allow me not to opt for "strict." As a last resort, I edited the "strict" line out of the "my.ini" file manually: (sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION". is what it looks like)
After that, the db loaded normally and the admin profile page appeared at the end of the installation. Of course, when you start the installation over, don't forget to flush the contents of the moodledata folder and drop the tables in your mysql moodle database, in order to get back to square one.
In reply to Neil Granoien

by John Young -

Thanks for the help, MySQL was running in strict mode, however I took it out of strict mode, droped the moodle database, deleted moodledata, recreated the moodle database, and rebooted the webserver and still when installing Moodle goes through the installation and stops before creating the admin profile.  It just goes to a "session timed out" login screen.  I am using PHP 5.6.1 with all necessary extensions.  MySQL 5.0 running out of strict mode.  IIS 6.0 on a windows 2k3 server.  Moodle Latest Stable Release 1.8.  Any further help would be appreciated!!!