Can't delete a forum

Can't delete a forum

by Stefan Büchler -
Number of replies: 5

If I delete a forum, I get the message, wether I really want to delete. I say yes and the forums disappears in the editing mode. But if I switch back in the normal mode, the forum appears again. Why can't I delete? (It's a Nachrichtenforum (in German))

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Büchler

Re: Can't delete a forum

by Dana Rensi -

I can't find where to delete a forum. Can you tell me? Thanks.

In reply to Dana Rensi

by Stefan Büchler -

You go to the course, turn editing on. Then you see a "x"-Symbol nearby the forum. Press is!

(I than get the question, weather I really like to delelete it. I press Yes, it disapperas but as I get off editing mode, the news forum is still there)

In reply to Stefan Büchler

by Greg Jeffrey -

Hi,

As I understand it the News forum is a default and (intentionally) can't be deleted - but you could close the eye to make it not visible to students if you really want.

Greg

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Greg Jeffrey

by Dana Rensi -
I created a second forum on my front page, a discussion forum, that I don't know how to delete. I can see how to delete a forum from a course, but how do I find where to delete a forum I created on the front page? Thanks in advance for reading this and Bless You! if you have an answer. Dana
In reply to Greg Jeffrey

by Stefan Büchler -
Thanks for this information. Maybe I've overseen it in the documention. I'm a little bit surprised that it is intentionally.