Grading in a workshop

Grading in a workshop

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 4

Is it possible to have a workshop (upload, student assessing their works,...) BUT then, when calculating the whole grading result ONLY the teachers grades are responsible for final grades?

• Students should upload their work, they will get their grades for this from me at the end of the workshop
  • Students SHOULD grade other students and they will get their grades from me for this job with a offline assignement after the workshop

Using the parameters I did not find a possibility to multiply student grades with "0" ....Grades from students should NOT influence the workshop grade at all!

Any idea or is there something I missed ...

Thanks Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: Grading in a workshop

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
This is a nice idea, there could be a system for assigning weights to:
  1. the students' assessments of uploaded files
  2. the teacher's assessments of uploaded files
  3. the teacher's assessments of students' assessments
you could then set the weight of #1 to 0.
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Peter Sereinigg -

If I understood your posting correct, this is only an idea

my workarround now ist: my weight is 50 and the students weights are 0,1 but this is only "nearly" correct ...

Peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

by Ray Kingdon -
...That's true. It's similar in the "Analysis of Assessments" the teacher's assessments can be given a weighting of 50 (compared with 1 for student assessments). The teacher assessments then "overwelm" the students assessments.

Something which switches the student assessments off completely would be better - I'll add that to the revised version of the Workshop module.
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Peter Sereinigg -

Sounds great, thank you Ray!

Peter

One question, I have some ideas for further strategies of the workshop...
To add this as a wish in moodle/bugs would prevent useres from a possible discussion, therefore, if this is ok for you, I would like to discuss such ideas (not technical!) in this forum ...