Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Antti Immonen -
Number of replies: 11

Hello Moodlers!

Here I`m begging your help again. I`ve tried to install 1.3 beta twice with same results. Everything else goes smoothly, but i guess there is something wrong with calender. http://w3.joensuu.fi/~wkasv03/sivu.php

Any ideas?

Attachment problem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antti Immonen

Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Gustav W Delius -
Your installation appears to be trying to load calendar/lib.php twice. You probably had installed an earlier version of the calendar by hand and therefore still have a line somewhere that loads calendar/lib.php. My guess is that if you get rid of that everything will work because it does for others.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Antti Immonen -

My guess is that if you get rid of that everything will work because it does for others.

What could be "that"?

I´ve have two Moodle`s in one database (one for testing and one for production). I removed all test_prefix stuff from database so i thought that it was "empty". I´m grateful for your advice Gustav but is there any other or more precisly ideas to get Moodle 1.3 running?

Morjens!

Re: Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Gustav W Delius -

First of all: was I correct with my diagnosis that you had an earlier version of the calendar installed by hand? If so, you should undo all the changes in the Moodle code that you made back then.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

Vast: Re: Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Antti Immonen -
Sorry, i didnt read carefully. I have not installed any sort of calender before.

Vast: Vast: Re: Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Antti Immonen -
Is this happening to anyone else? I tried to install 1.3 "nearly", but same error message occurred.
Antti

Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Dupont Francois -

Hello,

I've got the same problem, something wrong in my moodle config.php

I change

$CFG->dirroot   = 'e:\www\moodle';

in

$CFG->dirroot   = 'E:\www\moodle';

now it's work,

Hi.

In reply to Dupont Francois

Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). ..

by Antti Immonen -
Thanks, so you changed e->E. Unfortunately I cant do similar change because :
$CFG->dirroot = '/home/users/wkasv03/public_html/moodle1_3';
Any other recommodations or ideas?

by Osku Kannusmäki -
Hmm, it seems that we have similar problems in all our universitys servers. tongueout

Anyway, I figured out that this problem seems to be related to http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=5944  So this is the suns relative path problem with calendar module.

I made a minor modification to /moodle/course/view.php and line and it looks like this now:
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/calendar/lib.php'); /// .. comment...

I'm not sure did that correct it for good, but I hope so. It seems to work now. Maybe someone in active development team can fix this also for next release?

- Osku

In reply to Osku Kannusmäki

by Osku Kannusmäki -
Oh, I forgot to mention that the line number for this modification is 28 in moodle 1.3.

- Osku
In reply to Osku Kannusmäki

Vast: Re: Vast: Re: Upgrading Problem: Cannot redeclare calendar_get_mini(). .. SOLVED

by Antti Immonen -
Kiitokset!!! Thanks Osku, it works now. You solved the Joensuu syndrome... Iso irvistys

Re: Upgrading Problem: SOLVED

by John Papaioannou -
Thanks a lot to Antti for reporting this, and also to Osku for pointing out the fix! big grin

The code is now fixed to use absolute pathnames in 1.4 development, and I 'll make the fix for the MOODLE_13 _STABLE branch in CVS as well.

Jon