Capabilities to edit email, etc in User:Edit Profile

Capabilities to edit email, etc in User:Edit Profile

Tony Delahunty-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 1

Well, first of all let me say that I really like Roles & Capabilities, having finally got round to a big 1.6 to 1.8 upgrade.   I know it provoked uneasy reactions a few months ago, but seems to me both powerful, and fit for purpose, and by Moodle-standards, well-documented!

One minor puzzle: I can't see how or where Authenticated Users editing their own email address in Edit Profile is prevented.  I'm happy that this is the case, as I used to have a hack in user/edit.htm to achieve this prevention (1.6, prev), but just wondered in case we want to allow it for selected roles...? 

Tony

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Tony Delahunty

Re: Capabilities to edit email, etc in User:Edit Profile

Helen Foster-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Moodle HQ-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga
Hi Tony,

As you've found, a capability allowing users to edit their email address does not exist. Particular profile fields may be locked via Administration > Users > Authentication, though of course this will apply to all users.

Moodle 1.9 includes two new capabilities for allowing users to change their own password and edit their own profile - see the Demo teacher role documentation for an example usage.