Restore - loads of error messages

Restore - loads of error messages

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Having a bad time with restore - get to the execute page and then...

Notice: Undefined property: original_wwwroot in /usr/moodle/guide/backup/restore_execute.html on line 15

Notice: Undefined property: blockinfo in /usr/moodle/guide/backup/restorelib.php on line 393

Notice: Undefined property: course_hiddensections in /usr/moodle/guide/backup/restorelib.php on line 410

and then....

Could not restore categories and questions!

An error has occurred and the restore could not be completed!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Restore - loads of error messages

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Howard (again) smile,

about the notices you'll see if you have debug enable in your site, don't worry. It's absolutely normal to see them if you are restoring old backups into new Moodle versions (simply because there are some info in new version that didn't exist before...). Restore will apply default values as needed... Your three notices posted above (original_wwwroot, blockinfo and course_hiddensections) are examples about it (new fields in 1.3).

Another problem is your error when restoring categories and questions... If you could send me your backup file (privately), I'll check it in my test server to detect the problem...

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for checking this...

I downloaded the latest CVS this morning and set it up fresh. I still get exactly the same error. Any thoughts about how I might get some debugging info. I have had a look at the code and I'm scared smile
In reply to Howard Miller

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Howard,

after some tests, I haven't found any reason for your errors when restoring categories/questions.triste

Perhasp something in your categories/questios "bank" could be the problem? If possible, in order to check this, if you can (privately, of course) send me some backup (phpMyAdmin) of all your mdl_quiz* tables, it would be perfect!!

Ciao smile