However, we restored a course (yes that one) that somebody send us. Their moodle was obviously living at the bass of their domain name. Ours on the other hand has a virtual directory after it.
Viz. it came from http://oldurl/file.php/.....
and we have http://newurl/moodle/test/file.php/...
Restore obviously doesn't fixup he additional /moodle/test bit. If some work is being done on the links can this be sorted too without too much grief. I am trying to avoid having to fixup about 200 images everytime I move the course!
to be able to "rebuild" relative links (at restore time) some extra info is generated inside the backup file (at backup time). This include processing *every* call to file.php and encoding them in a "special" format. Then, the restore process will be able to recode all the links again (including changing URLs like yours...).
But, obviously, the the "encode" task has to be executed prior to be able to "decode" it and it's only available since 2-3 weeks ago. So you need a 1.3beta backup file in order to restore it in 1.3beta (too!!) with all the "rebuild links" stuff working.
If your backup file version is 1.1 or .1.2 then links won't be processed!!
I think that this is your situation, because your "oldurl" to "newurl/moodle/test" is exactly the type of links being restored in 1.3.