use html editor for titles

use html editor for titles

by Shahrzad Aziminia -
Number of replies: 7
hi
how can i use html editor for all page titles and lessons descriptions , because without html editor i can not edit farsi characters, my html editor is only enable for page content, when i check use html editor nothing gonna change
what can i do?

thanks,
sherry
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shahrzad Aziminia

Re: use html editor for titles

by Bryan Williams -

Hi Sherry,

Did you know that you can create a "Label" activity within most areas on your course homepage. This activity simply brings up the HTML editor and allows you to create descriptions with pictures for pages and lessons.  Please tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish.

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Shahrzad Aziminia -

Hi Bryan
Thanks for your reply; yes I used Label as a short description for my lessons. But for example, for create a table of content which let users to access to all pages of a lesson I should create a branch table with buttons, to do this for the first time I have html editor in each branch but when I return to edit them I can not find HTML Editor and also all of my Farsi character turn into Unicode ASCII code, everything looks ok on browser but I can not edit them, for edit them I should write them again on text area, I have same problem for page titles, I mean for all of text boxes
in the pervious version I didn’t have this problem, but I am not sure maybe its because of my os, because I changed  it into fedora core 1

thanks,
sherry

by Andy Diament -
Hiya
Would it help to just type text with html tags directly into the textboxes for titles, and anything else for that matter? It should render properly.

Andy D

by Bryan Williams -

Hi Sherry,

I'm going out on a limb here because I'm not that familiar with the Lesson module, but I have played with it some.  The first time you set up the lesson, the HTML editor is available in every element I believe (e.g. Page question, Answer, Response etc.).  When you need to edit the lesson, the HTML editor must be activated in each element as needed.  This is to conserve resources as the HTML editor makes a pretty heavy demand. To make a change to an element you would click "Use Editor" next to the element you wish to change.  Perhaps if you posted this question in the Lesson forum here at Moodle.org you could get a better answer.  Ray Kingdon created this excellent module and he tries to answer everyones questions. 

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Shahrzad Aziminia -
hi bryan
thanks for your advice, i will post a message in teh lesson forum

thanks
sherry

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It might be worth creating a version of the Farsi translation that is NOT Unicode, and uses Windows-1256 instead.  This will solve all such Farsi problems.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Shahrzad Aziminia -
hi
no the version of farsi translation is unicode because my problem is only with text boxes i mean only where i can not access to html editormixed