Installation didn't ask for admin password!

Installation didn't ask for admin password!

by Marc Brouwers -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

I did install moodle, the database install went good, but the installation didn't ask for an admin password. When I look in the database, there is an admin account, and a password, but I don't know what the password is. I can't let it email to myself, cause it is the localhost admin.

I have the latest version of moodle, with MySQL and PHP 4.3.1. I use IIS as a webserver.

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Marc Brouwers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Brouwers

Re: Installation didn't ask for admin password!

by Brendan G -
I had the same problem. My installation skiped this entire part.

I managed to some how get into the admin profile and enter a password, by clicking on the admin profile. I think it allowed me to access it because there was an appropriate cookie place by the installation program.

Everything is fine now.
In reply to Marc Brouwers

by Aaron Mandel -

Marc,

Did you ever get around this issue?  I just Installed Moodle today and am in the same perdicament.  What does Moodle set the default password as?

In reply to Aaron Mandel

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Default password is: admin/admin

Hopefully this occasional issue is fixed now in 1.0.9
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Rob Englebright -

Boo hiss.... this is happening to me now to.

I tried dropping the database, and using 1.9beta, but still no cigar.

I will go and have a look and see if I can find the admin details in the database... not much hope... hints and tips as always welcome.

XP, easyphp,apache, bleary eyes

(Even though I havn't got it working the whole process is teaching me a lot !)

In reply to Rob Englebright

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Rob,

If you can, would you mind trying the latest nightly from the download page (it's effectively 1.0.9 final) to see if the problem is fixed? And make sure your browser has cookies enabled for your site.

I'm working on packaging the release now, so some feedback in the next hour or two would be helpful.

If you can't try 1.0.9, then you can just log in using admin/admin.

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Rob Englebright -

Yet again Martin has been very helpful, and suggested a load of things, I'm still not there yet, but things are progressing. This post is mainly to keep everyone else upto date, so the sharing of knowledge (lack of it) in my case continues...

Installed final version of 1.0.9, no real difference,

tried logging in as admin admin... ntakes me to a site description page, but tells me I'm not logged on.....no controls....

poked about to try and see if sessions were enabled... no real diffrenece.

Next thing is to try all this fun and games on a diffrerent machine. I have an old server that ran blackboard at work, and I'll format it, and go from scratch to see if the problems are just my duff Dell.

If anyone else has a work around to getting into the admin side, I'd be grateful.

Cheers Rob

by Rob Englebright -

Doh!

Reread the forum helps, and suddenly thought that even though everything was set right.. my nasty old zonelabs firwall, was probably kicking the cookies. Turned it off and bobs your uncle. I now have admin.

Obviously this raises the problem of running without a firewall, until I reconfigure it.

still if my stupidity helps someone else, it's not been in vain.

Cheers... thanks Martin, I'll write up an idiots guide to the install, with pictures (in crayon)

by Michael Leslie -

When logging in I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: moodle_strtolower() in /home/leslie12/public_html/sksm/login/index.php on line 24

In reply to Michael Leslie

by james skaggs -
I had this exact problem as well. I had though made some edits to my php files which caused it... so I reinstalled my /files /lib /user and root files to the original state and it fixed the problem for me.