Empty excel sheets in feedback module

Empty excel sheets in feedback module

by Andy Tagliani -
Number of replies: 7
Dear Andreas,

we have a new customer, their moodle version is 1.8.2 (some days ago), everythings works fine, but the feedback module makes some problems.

The installation of the feedback module (last version for 1.8/1.9) make no problems, the handling of the module makes no problems, but the export to excel. The excel sheet is empty, i switch to the debug mode on, no error warnings, i try at the language configuration and switch to latin and unicode, no changes!

Andreas, i´m not sure is the problem the feedback module or the lib/pear/writer/wordbook.php (or another file from there).

Here the server configuration:
MySQL is 5.0.40
PHP is 5.2.2
all other components are installed and activated.

Did you have any idea, what can be the problem?

Viele Grüße nach Berlin
Andy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Tagliani

Re: Empty excel sheets in feedback module

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Andy,

I often seen this if the memory_limit or the max_execution_time are set to low.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Andy Tagliani -
Andreas,

i will check this next week, thanks for your reply!

Andy

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Andreas,

i did solve the problems, the server configuration was the reason it did not work.

Thanks Andreas for the fine module!!!

Now i have a problem, it is not a technical problem Andreas. In the last version for moodle 1.8/1.9, there is one new field in the excel sheet called "user" ... i mean not fullname. This field shows the Loginname, now some pupils have a Loginname like "ihatemyteacher", i think you can understand what i mean. This field is visible in the excel sheet "detailed".

I try to comment out the field, but i have no luck, because the entries did not switch to the right field. Is it possible to comment out this field? Some schools have a major problem in front of the data privacy.

Viele Grüße nach Berlin
Andy

by Andy Tagliani -
Andreas

i can fix it self, i comment out the table id-number and course-id and it works without any problem!

Viele Grüße nach Berlin
Andy

回應: Re: Empty excel sheets in feedback module

by 景東 王 -

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem,how to modify server configuration ?

Thank you very much

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Bob McDonald -
Hi Andreas,

What would you say would be recommended settings for memory_limit and max_execution_time and what would be the best way to determine whether that is the problem short of changing the settings on the server?
In reply to Bob McDonald

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Bob,

it depends on your feedback-version. Since 1.8 the feedback has some improvements on excel export.
On one installation I exported approximately 1100 responses with 21 questions without problems on a memory_limit of 64 MB. On earlier versions I had to use a memory_limit of over 200MB for the same feedback.
But you have to test it self.

To check this you can observe the webserver logfiles while you do an export.
Some wrong things you can find out if you switch on the debugging mode. Save your excel-file and open it with an simple editor and not with excel. If there are some debug-infos so you can find this there.

Andreas