Cannot modify profile picture...why?

Cannot modify profile picture...why?

על ידי Blue Magica בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 13
my users are trying to upload profile pictures and i tried myself, but as i click "update profile" it goes to the main profile page and the picture is the default one, not the one we uploaded.....why?
ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Blue Magica

Re: Cannot modify profile picture...why?

על ידי Emmanuel de Ternay בתאריך

I have the same problem with the moodle site (http://moodle.org). But I could actualize my image profile in my local site. I associated the problem to the configuration of the firewall I have to pass to access the internet, but I didn't make any more test to confirm this hypothesis. Do you have any firewall to access your site? Check its configuration to see if this can be the issue.

בתגובה ל: Emmanuel de Ternay

על ידי Mauno Korpelainen בתאריך
בתגובה ל: Mauno Korpelainen

hmm...nope problem still there......maunu could you take a look at the my site?

על ידי Emmanuel de Ternay בתאריך
Just tried to upload my profile picture in moodle site from home (without firewall) and it didn't work. And I can't change the parameters: I'm not an adminstrator of the moodle site.
In my site I could upload my profile picture without any problem.

@mauno: www.burningice-games.com/gmschool
if you need admin access, give me your email, and i will send you the name and pass.

And i have no idea, why it stopped working, i uploaded my own pics and such, but ......ohwell, it dosent work......for some odd reason now the users cant upload avatars......

I just visited your site and my user image is there...

Try once more to UNSELECT Use slasharguments setting

Administration -> Server -> HTTP

hmmm....i didnt do anything, its miraculously fixed by itself!

and where is this "Administration -> Server -> HTTP"? site administration block? i dont see server there?

If your moodle is version 1.6 go to Administration -> Configuration -> Variables and find slasharguments: change it to other value.

I am running 1.8

על ידי Al Padkowsky בתאריך
I had the same problem, but fortunately I am using a Moodle partner for my hosting. The answer in my case was " your site was set to show that the GD library was not installed (in the server settings, system paths). I re-enabled it and tested your picture profiles work fine now."