Please help find bugs with hidden stuff being shown

Please help find bugs with hidden stuff being shown

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
A few problems related to some people being able to see things that they shouldn't see within a course have been fixed in the past few weeks, but I think a few are still lurking.

For example when groups are being used: people shouldn't be able to see notifications about things happening within activities that they have no access to.

Since the combinations are many, I'd really appreciate some exhaustive testing from anyone using a recent CVS version of all scenarios to see if you can find any remaining little bugs like this.

I'd really like to have this tested before a beta release this week.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Please help find bugs with hidden stuff being shown

by Genner Cerna -

Scenario 1:

Let as say, I have two (2) groups... I only wanted the A group to be able to see the the activities intended only to A but not accessible to B and vice versa.... When I group the students in the different gropus and done some test group A and B are able to see the activities and the like... Correct me if I'm wrong about the concept of grouping... Is grouping simillar to another section with the same subject but different section or teacher?

Scenario 2:

I group A teacher to A group and B teacher in B group and forcing group to be separated. Does this means that teacher A would be able to see what B posted in the same course but group.... just wandering?

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
big grin Here's one:
Entries are dyna-linked even if the glossary is hidden. wide eyes

(Note: I've seen this in 1.2.1, haven't installed 1.3dev yet sad)
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Tim Allen -

Was this particular behavior by design?...  http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3042 

In reply to Tim Allen

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

Ooops! blush I didn't see that discussion, thanks!

Maybe not by intentional design, but still, it can be useful. I just have to remember to turn off autolinking in hidden glossaries if I don't want it.