Automatic Linking to Hidden Glossaries...

Automatic Linking to Hidden Glossaries...

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

I was doing some tests with the "fantástico" glossary module when I've detected that entries are automatically linked, even if the glossary activity is hidden.

I'm not sure if the correct approach should be to avoid automatic linking to hidden glossaries. I think that the actual status can be used as an "extra" functionality (not showing the full glossary, but allowing links to work).

Anyway, I open this discussion to discuss about it. smile

Ciao, smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Automatic Linking to Hidden Glossaries...

by Williams Castillo -

Hey, what you think, man? I did it on purpouse!!! clown.gif

Just kidding... However... I think that use is great!

Another bug I found right now is that when you click on a concept, it shows every concept in the database that match that concept, no matter what course it belongs nor if the glossary or entry has the dynalink setting enabled... Neither take in count the case sensitive setting when showing the concept sad

Just fixed right now.

Will

In reply to Williams Castillo

by Williams Castillo -

Mixing your suggestion with a thought.. what about if I add a new setting at glossary level (not entry level), let's say, GlobalGlossary, that means that that glossary could be linked from everywhere no matter which course it belongs to...

This way... an admin could add a glossary to the main page, hide it (or not) and make it avaible globally.

This settings, I think, should be enabled only by and admin...

Any comment?

by Tom Murdock -
Yes, yes. A global glossary would be great. Main and secondary options, if possible!

And because complication is fun, maybe each course could "block" the global glossary if absolutely necessary?
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Williams Castillo -

Yes, yes.. fries and coke too!! hehehe... Just kidding my friend... I liked the enthusiasm shown on your post smile

What you meant by "main and secondary options"???

The blocking feature I think will be difficult as the parsing is made by a global function what didn't know where is it called from... Perhaps Martin or Eloy has another solution.

This overlaps somehow the request to stablish that some modules does not use the automatic linking at all.

Will

by Tom Murdock -
Fries, coke, and a plastic toy to keep me out of trouble on the ride home!?

a_bigmac.jpgWhat you meant by "main and secondary options"???
I was hoping that you might keep the good functionality of a main glossary (for teacher input), and a secondary one for students (presumably from each course)--even at a global level.

(So sorry for asking for so much without knowing how to code anything myself!)
blush

Re: blocking. maybe if a block variable were on for a course, a textfilter could run a nolink tag.