Filter Demo's now online

Filter Demo's now online

by Julian Ridden -
Number of replies: 3
Hi All,

Did another update of the Playpen website today and this time round have added all the latest Filters. You can now see these filters in action, or play around with them yourslef if you like.

Note that Playpen is running the 1.9 alpha code. this means all the filters demo'd have been updated to run in 1.8 and above.

Demo's are currently online for:
If there are any other filters you would like to see added to the site, please let me know.

Julian
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: Filter Demo's now online

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Julian, the Playpen is a fantastic resource and it is really useful to see and test the different filters in action on Moodle 1.9 alpha. 

One minor typo re the Jmol filter. It should be DNA not DNS (you have been around computers too long wink).

Now teaching has stopped, I'm hoping to update both the Jmol Filter and Jmol Resource type over the summer. Dan Stowell, who did most of the original coding for these, is currently 'otherwise engaged' in his PhD studies.

In the meantime, and if you have a little spare time, you may wish to update the Jmol components in the /filter/jmol folder to the latest stable version (11.2.4 at the current time) on your installation. Amongst other improvements, the Jmol applet has recently been broken down into a set of smaller components which are only used 'on demand'. This should improve the Jmol applet performance.

So you will need to replace any existing xxx.js and and xxx.jar files with the new versions of jmol.js, jmolApplet0.jar and ALL other files of type jmolApplet0_xxx.jar (the 'signed' versions are NOT required). A bit fiddly, but hopefully worth it.

Keep up the good work!

PS. You can easily check the Jmol version by right clicking on the applet and selecting 'About Jmol' from the bottom of the menu. You will also probably have to clear your browser cache to 'see' any update of the applet.

In reply to Geoffrey Rowland

by Julian Ridden -
I grabbed that version from the modules and plugins database. Can you update that package. If not, let me know and I can do so.

Please keep me in the loop of your future developments so I can keep the site updated. And thanks for the feedback.

Julian
In reply to Julian Ridden

by John Isner -
Hi Julian,
The playpen is a terrific resource! I had heard of it, but never visited before today. It is really important for people to be able to see blocks and modules "in action" before deciding to download and install, and the Playpen makes that possible. It would be a great service to the community if Playpen links were included in the following places:
I'm sure there are many other places where such links would be useful.
Thank you!