I cannot enroll my users in courses

I cannot enroll my users in courses

by michelle wendt -
Number of replies: 2
YOu know when the page that asked me to enroll in this page just popped up? that is what is not happening in my moodle. I put in some users and we are trying to test it. No one can enroll. I have made it enrollable, i have chosen a start and end date for enrollment, I have tried with the key and without the key. i have tried it using safari, firefox, internet explorer.
I have gone into each course and assigned them the student role.
What am i missing?

HELP

Average of ratings: -
In reply to michelle wendt

Re: I cannot enroll my users in courses

by Andrew Pilkington -
I am having the exact same issue. I am very new to Moodle but have a lot of IT experience. No matter where I look I can not find any way to enroll or un-enroll a student. If I go into
  • Administration
  • / Users
  • / Permissions
  • / Assign global roles
and assign a student a role of a student then they seem to have access to the course material whether the course is weekly or a topic.

Any ideas would be a great help

Thanks

Andy
In reply to michelle wendt

Re: I cannot enroll my users in courses

by Andrew Pilkington -
Michelle

I was having the same problem and after re-installing and going slowly through the process of administrator setup I believe I found it. When a course is first setup, roles need to be assigned for the course. This is only done at the Administrator level.

Students can be assigned there by the overall system administrator but that is not to efficient. I tested this by assigning a Teacher the Administrator role and when you login as that person within the course administration block you will now have the ability to assign roles, one of which is a student.

When the student is assigned the role of a student within that course they will have all the rights you have setup for them. There are a lot of options within the permissions area and I am sure I do not fathom all the complexity associated there.

I am just learning myself. Any other insights would be helpful.

Andy