Threads don't restore from backup

Threads don't restore from backup

by Richard Taylor -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all

We are currently running Moodle 1.6.1 on one server. We have installed Moodle 1.8.2 onto another server and are making the move across.

We don't want to do it as an upgrade as we had some database problems, so instead all the courses from one server have been backed up and are being restored to their new home.

This works fine for everything except the discussions. When the restore is ran the forums are created but the threads that the teachers and students have posted are missing. I'm telling Moodle to backup the entire course and i've turned all of the backup options on - i.e. the tick boxes are set to include all resources and student data, the course users should be backed up and the user files, course files and logs are all set to yes.

Any idea why the student posts are missing?

Many thanks

Richard Taylor

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Taylor

Re: Threads don't restore from backup

by John Longo -
I am having the exact same problem. I am backing up out of v1.5 and am restoring to v1.8 and everything except the forum posts have been restored.

Did you ever solve this problem?

John
In reply to John Longo

by Peter Evans -
Is there a way to move forum posts from one course to another using backup and restore?

Peter
In reply to John Longo

by V S -

Same problem with forum restore.

My backups have the 'with user data' option checked, and when I restore the course the forum appears with no data.

What I need to do is restore just one discussion thread which was accidentally deleted.  Is it possible to retrieve that from the database? I cannot see it in the mdl_forum_discussions table.

Any timely help greatly appreciated.

Vic