MultiMedia filter and submitted MP3 files

MultiMedia filter and submitted MP3 files

by Brian Gray -
Number of replies: 2

I am running Moodle 1.8.2+. I have activated the MultiMedia filter plug-in. It works as expected in some cases, but not in others.

In particular, in the description of an assignment, an MP3 file is noticed by the filter and the MP3 player is displayed as expected. (See arrow 1 in screenshot below.)

When another MP3 file is submitted by a student, the submission file link is shown but it does not get noticed by the filter and the player is not displayed (arrow 2 in screenshot).

Likewise, when the teacher reviews the submissions, the submitted file is displayed but does not have a player with it.

I can't find any similar reports, and I can't find any settings for the Assignment module that seem to apply.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Environment is 1.8.2+ on a Win2k3 server and Apache 2.

Attachment ex1.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Gray

Re: MultiMedia filter and submitted MP3 files

by Brian Gray -
I looked at the code in the assignment mod today. The file references for submissions by the student and responses by the teacher do not pass through a call to function format_text() which adds the media player.

Submitted as an enhancement request here.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Brian Gray

Re: MultiMedia filter and submitted MP3 files

by Dan Jeffries -
Well spotted!

As I work in a music college, this will be a huge time saver as usually we have to download all the MP3s (or wait for them to load in WMP etc).

Good work smile