(un)zip problem

(un)zip problem

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Number of replies: 1

I uploaded a zip file 'logo's.zip'. Moodle 1.2 does unzip the files correctly but when I try to access the file in the directory 'logo's' I get the an error message...

Warning: opendir(/home/pierke/public_html/moodle2u/uploaddata/3/logo\'s): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/pierke/public_html/moodle/files/index.php on line 660

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pierke/public_html/moodle/files/index.php on line 661

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pierke/public_html/moodle/files/index.php on line 672

The problem seems to be the apostrophe in the directory name. Uploading and reading a  file logo's.doc doesn't give this error.

Is there a way to solve this without having to change the name of the directory (and zip file)?
In Dutch we need the apostrophe to form the plural of nouns that end on a vowel.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

Re: (un)zip problem

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You've answered your own question! An apostrophe in a filename is a VERY bad plan indeed!