Quiz eliminating questions

Quiz eliminating questions

by Thibault Hermes -
Number of replies: 4

I'm a beginner, but I'd like to create quizes where the results will determine a certificate. Inside these quizes, some questions, if wrongly answered would prevent the user to have the certificate even if the score is huge.

I did not find anything about that in help files. Could someone help and tell me if it's possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Thibault

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thibault Hermes

Re: Quiz eliminating questions

by Timothy Takemoto -
Please use either the lesson module (which presents one question at a time and can be programmed to only display subsequent pages if correct answers are forthcoming) or use Bernard's "activities linking".
Tim
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Thibault Hermes -

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the answer. My problem is that on that case the trainee will know that the eliminating question is the first one. I'd like to have random quizes with an eliminating question on a random position, I'm not sure that would work ?

Thibault

In reply to Thibault Hermes

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Thibault,

Sounds like an interesting way to do a quiz. However, there is no setting in Moodle as an elimination question. Maybe someone can come up with a workaround solution. Perhaps you could set the points for the particularly important questions much higher than the other questions, even score them with a huge percentage.

Do you meet your students face-to-face? How do you plan to give them a certificate? Print your own and hand it to them? If so, you can explain why certain questions were so important. Tell us a little more of your aims and situation, and hopefully someone can give you a good suggestion.

Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Thibault Hermes -

Hi Don,

Thanks for your answer. I like the idea of highly balance important questions. To be as concise and clear as possible, I'll handle a profesional training for a group of car-mechanic shops.

The certificate has to purpose and utilisations :

- a printable certificate to mark the end of the training and to increase the motivation of the trainees (all kinds of diplomas are important here in France)

- a link to the skills-management Database on the human resources department

The elimination questions concern critical issues such as security for mecanicians (i.e. if a guy does not know how to check a brake, that's a big problem !)

Hope it clarifies and will help you help me.

Thibault