Hot potatoes add-ins and zip / SCORM using Masher

Hot potatoes add-ins and zip / SCORM using Masher

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,
I made several hot potatoes jqz files using Michael Rottmeier's Teaching Tools "Find-It" . These files seem to work normally in moodle when they upload individually, but when they are made into a zip or SCORM package using the Masher, they don't retain the "find-it" function and revert back to normal cloze type exercises.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before, and if so has anyone come up with a solution so that the "find-it" functions can remain intact?

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Hot potatoes add-ins and zip / SCORM using Masher

by Martin Holmes -
Hi there,

This is a simple one -- you need to tell the Masher where to find the source files for the add-on. Click on the Source tab in the Masher, click on Browse, and point it at the source file location where you have the Find-It source files.

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to Martin Holmes

by robert maran -
Hi Martin again,
I tried as you suggested and it works well. The only problem now is that there is no "exit from course" button in SCORM and scores don't seem to be recorded on the grade book. (The scores are recorded when uploading the add-in files individually though). Anyway to get scores recorded?

cheers
Robert
In reply to robert maran

by Martin Holmes -
Hi there,

Unfortunately, Michael Rottmeier's source files don't include SCORM functionality. You might ask him to add it (it's fairly simple, based on the regular HotPot source files), but I don't think he's actively working on that stuff any more.

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to robert maran

by Elmar Bertschinger -
Hi

I am using JavaHotPot and the Masher, but I can not find SCORM-Export.

Is this a Windows-feature?

Best regards
Elmar
In reply to Elmar Bertschinger

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Elmar,

> SCORM-Export ... Is this a Windows-feature?

Actually, my understanding is that SCORM-Export is a Hot Potatoes 6.2 feature, and the most recent download for JavaHotPot seems to be 6.0, so I think that means there is currently no SCORM-Export in JavaHotPot.

regards
Gordon