Linear sequence in quiz (can't navigate back or forward)

Linear sequence in quiz (can't navigate back or forward)

by Brett Leber -
Number of replies: 2
Is it possible to create a one-way quiz sequence such that the student can't view past responses or jump ahead to future ones?

For example, create a 3-page quiz, one question per page, where once the student finishes question 1, he or she can't view that question again, and is pushed to question 2; and the student can't view question 3 until completing question 2.

The concept behind this behavior is to perform online assessments (pretest and posttest) where later questions build on earlier ones, or perhaps reveal answers in the earlier questions.

If this is not currently possible, would it be difficult to author a new module or plugin?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Brett Leber

Re: Linear sequence in quiz (can't navigate back or forward)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you looked at the lesson module? It might do what you want.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Brett Leber

Re: Linear sequence in quiz (can't navigate back or forward)

by Margaret Matthias -

Hi,

Have you heard anything regarding this request?  I submitted a similar one a few days ago with no response.  With some additional searching I came across your posting and the reply about using the lesson tool.  This will work for now but I really need to have a quiz with the linear sequence option. 

Thanks