Visioconference integration

Visioconference integration

by raphael Apard -
Number of replies: 9
Hello,

I work on a visioconference activity for Moodle, but i have read some information about DimDim (integrated in Moodle 1.9). I don't now if I must stop my development.
Now my activity work with Flash Media Server, i search to migrate it on Red5, an i want add a functionality for record and replay each visioconference.

You can download it here.

I add this activity on the module database, if someone try it, please, send me feedback.

If someone now a simple way to migrate to red5, i search for information.

Sorry for my english.

Bye

Raphael
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to raphael Apard

Re: Visioconference integration

by Solange Maldonado -

O recurso video conferência é super importante. Fiz o download e gostaria que alguém me ajudasse a instala-lo... uso a versão 1.7 - Português

Grata,

Solange Maldonado

In reply to Solange Maldonado

by raphael Apard -
Ola,

Este visioconferencia necesita un servidor especiale con Flash Media Server de Adobe. En la parte administration, debe configurar la direction del servidor.

by Camilo Soler -
ya tengo el los dos servidores, pero por algun motivo no la actividad de video no conecta con el servidor de flash, podrias por favor dar un hint o algo parecido.

by Julian Ridden -
DimDim is just another external third party product wanting to integrate with Moodle. By no means should this mean that you should stop your efforts.

I have not seen much of DimDim recently so am unsure of their progress anyway.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Rajesh Dharmalingam -
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. We are very much here smile. Please do contact my colleague sundar - Dimdim's Director of Business Development who will be able to provide more details about this.

You can mail me anytime at rajesh@dimdim.com - any feed back related to Dimdim-Moodle integration pack.

Regards,
-Rajesh

by S K -

I have setup moodle for using it within our organisation. Now am trying to

use the visiovconference plugin. with the Flash Com Server 2. But it doesnt seem to be working.

Here is what I did. I followed the instruction provided with the visioconference plugin download. AnyIdea on what mistake am doing or if anybody has faced this problem earlier.

thanx in advance

shanth

In reply to S K

by yaxin hoo -

I had a same problem with you , any one can help me ?

Can i have the "Meestral.swf" source , I  guest it is the ActionScript\version's Error

sorry for my poor english

by Andreu Martí -
Hi Raphael,
We were testing dim dim, but the open source edition doesn't allow more than 2 videos simultaneously.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=176809

It is for us crucial that every participant on the virtual classroom can see everybody connected.

Are you going on with the development and the migration to Red5? How could we collaborate with you?

Once the video and audio videoconferencing runs correctly, it would be extremely interesting adding other functions like live resource sharing (powerpoint) or desktop sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

cheers,
andreu.-