Problem with linking to images folder from book module

Problem with linking to images folder from book module

by Mary Parke -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

I've a question that has been perplexing me and I'm looking for where to start troubleshooting it. I'd love it if some of our Book experts could look at this and point me in a direction.

Ok - in our 1.8 installation of moodle, we've added the book module.

In the "0" block in a course, if I edit a label and inside the label want to add an image - I click on the image button in the WYSIWYG editor. A list of the folders in my course appears and I choose the "images" folder I created. NO PROBLEM!

IF however, I add a book to a block in the same course, and then inside one of the chapters in the book I want to add an image - this is what happens:

I click on the image button in the WYSIWYG editor. Instead of a list of the folders appearing that are in my current course, I get the default Moodle site folder. My "course" folder isn't there, meaning my images folder isn't there. AGH!

What's happening? Is this a problem in the css file in the book module? Is this a bigger problem?

Any ideas?

THANK YOU!

- Mary

------------------------------

WHOA! Ok, so I went back to my main page and cycled through the process of adding an image to a label. Then I went back into the book module and the image editor THIS time actually pointed to the correct course folder and my images folder. ACK! THAT'S GOOD! BUT, now I'm confused. Is this a refresh problem with my browser? I'm asking because a colleague originally brought this to my attention and had the same experience as I had above. This accident on my part in this footnote is a new one for the both of us. Meaning - is it really a browser refresh problem or is it something else?

I went back to the main course page, then went back into the book module and again tried to add an image, and I got the same error as I did in the above post. I'm back at a link to the site files for Moodle instead of my course files. Confusing!

Help? (I've tried this on a few machines and a few different courses on the site and get the same problem...)

Thank you!

- Mary
Average of ratings: -