After upgrade, turn-editing-on does not work correctly... see this video demo

After upgrade, turn-editing-on does not work correctly... see this video demo

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Number of replies: 4
When I hit TurnEditingOn, the page only partially loads.

Here is the link to a video demo.

Thank you for any assistance or direction.

This problem surfaces immediately after a seemingly successful upgrade of 1.7 to 1.8.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: After upgrade, turn-editing-on does not work correctly... see this video demo

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Dallas!

A number of people have experienced this problem. See discussion here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=69176

I believe in most cases, it has to do with the fact that your base install had some custom code in it that did not "translate" correctly to the more recent code. If part of your page loads, then it is hanging up somewhere. You may get a clue by looking at the source to see what last loaded. In my case, I had a problem with the attendance module/block. Hopefully, reading through the linked discussion may give you some clues.

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: After upgrade, turn-editing-on does not work correctly... see this video demo

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Hello A.T.!

You've pointed me in the right direction. I found remnants of the questionnaire mod that were causing the problem.

Thank you so much!

drs

In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

by Juliano Magalhães -
Dallas!
I´ve the same problem!!
Please help me to get rid of this parts of questionarie mod!
What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Juliano

In reply to Juliano Magalhães

by Juliano Magalhães -
I found the problem and the workaround.

I never used questionnarie, but at the upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.7.2 it apeared in the activicties menu, but not on the \mod\questionnarie.
I just erased it from the menu and the upgrade to 1.8.1 worked fine!

thanks anyway!