Latest 1.3.... IT SMOKES!

Latest 1.3.... IT SMOKES!

by Bryan Williams -
Number of replies: 9

I was concerned over a bit of a performance lag in 2004041800, but I have to tell you folks the latest and greatest Moodle ever (2004042600) really SMOKES.  This bad-girl moves like she's on the make - got to be close to primetime release!  The big things are nice (Calendar etc.) but moodlers are going to be happy with the attention to detail Martin and team have given this release.  I especially like how file icons (Word, PDF etc.) appear in their actual format when uploaded as a resource. Gives Moodle courses an even more polished look.

MoodleMoots are going to have something they can really brag about this summer.  Now if I can only figure out how to bi-locate so I can be in Kansas and Oxford at the same time.....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: Latest 1.3.... IT SMOKES!

by Ray Lawrence -

How about scheduling an online demonstration of what you've been doing using eLuminate for one of the afternoon breakout sessions? (Not sure what the hardware requirements would be at the UK end.)

Would that be possible?

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Bryan Williams -

This has possibilities, since time difference works in my favor (5 hours earlier).  If Sean can arrange a breakout room with a video projector and computer with internet connection, we could probably do a knock-your-socks off presentation.  Maybe drag some of the Moodle wonks in for a cameo (Martin, Eloy, Jon, Zig, Ray, Will, Mike and others).  If you guys can get a camera hooked up to the computer, I'm sure Martin would faint to see 58 people in Moodle T-shirts drinking beer from Moodle mugs.

I'll probably exhibit at the Kansas US MoodleMoot the following week, so the UK event could be recorded and played back for their enjoyment. 

by Sean Keogh -
I like the sound of that.

The main room will have the projector in it, and a camera as well...and we will be using it and potentially two other rooms for afternoon sessions...so we could do it in there.

I'll add it to the list of stuff to look into.

[Item #1 - clone myself three times *Note* Martin may already have done this for himself...check details with him]

Oxford Beardie

P.S.

I was originally thinking of getting a bunch of moodle items from cafepress to sell at the moot.  But the problem with clothing is the mix of sizes.  However mugs are a lot easier.  Is anyone interested in buying non-clothing moodle merchandise at the moot?  (Cost price - we won't be making anything from it).
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've just started a new clone but he's going to take 35 years to grow.  mixed

I'll send you a box of Moodle stuff for prizes.  smile

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sean Keogh -
Thanks Martin!  That's very good of you.

Sean Beardie

by John Papaioannou -
It's about 95% certain that I 'm going to be present in the Oxford Moot! smile big grin
As you can see I 'm rather happy about that right now!

My supervisor on our distance education project, who is a "proper" academic guy like most people around here, is probably going to come, too. Furthermore, whoever comes is going to present a paper.

Somebody tie me down to the chair please! wink

Jon

PS: Martin, some large clothing, too. I 'm 1.94m tall. (my calculator says 6 ft 4" if the company works with these units) big grinbig grinwink

by Jeff Wood -

Bryan,

AGREED!!

I had been playing with 1.3 on a test server and decided to use latest version and go live.

Upgrade - easiest yet... no problems with permissions!

It does rock... new features calendar, upcoming events and icon images are "the bomb" (think it means good).

Tnx Martin et. al.

AWESOME WORK!

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Quite a few bugs and rough spots yet, but hopefully I can declare 1.3 Beta next week.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jeff Wood -

Sounds good Martin.

Must be honest... have not found any(many) issues with 1.3 and I have had it running with all classes (300 users - 7 clases) for a few days!!!

Jeff

PS - nice new pix big grin Martin