Testing anyone?

Testing anyone?

by Ji Ming -
Number of replies: 9

We have set up a test site for testing the new Moodle Network functions. If you would like to run a few network testing routes drop me a note.

J

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ji Ming

Svar: Testing anyone?

by Alf Martin Johnsen -
Hi,
we have some Moodle-sites in a Moodle Network - working perfectly. They are in Norwegian only and with a dummy-course for sharing in the Network. Please feel free to connect your site to http://www.efaktor.no/nettverk1 or http://www.efaktor.no/nettverk2.
(And open a course for sharing from your own site.)

See you!

Alf Martin
In reply to Alf Martin Johnsen

Re: Svar: Testing anyone?

by Ji Ming -

Great! Let me clean up the house here and we'll connect soon.

J

by mandy honeyman -
Alf, working perfectly! Lucky lucky you.

We are trying to get two production sites to co-operate in time for a launch at a conference on July 10th. Oh don't we just love this kind of stress. smile

At the moment these are the issues we have experienced:

1. the Hub needed "something" done in order to be able to work with public key, this wasn't obvious and the site is on a hosted virtual service. They fixed it for me but, unfortunately, without telling me what they did.

2. The other site needed the various environmental php things sorted out like CURL and openSSL, however, now its reporting this error when I try to add site A:
"You must have XML-RPC installed in your PHP build to be able to use this feature." Which is odd, because on that panel it says: "This is not needed for Moodle Networking." which seems to be a contradiction.

I also don't know if it will create a public key because there isn't one showing up on the settings panel.

Any help will, as always, be hugely appreciated.

cheers
Mandy

In reply to mandy honeyman

Svar: Re: Svar: Testing anyone?

by Alf Martin Johnsen -
Hi,
the xml-rpc module in php.ini is needed for the Moodle Network, but you don't need to activate the xml-rpc function in the Site Administration panel. This option is only for direct control over remote Moodle-sites and is not recommended.

Alf Martin
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ji Ming -

I have to say that this Moodle Networking function is just not working for me at all. Once again I’ve setup two Moodle testing sites and neither could connect with each other. When Site A  tries to connect to our Site B I get these errors:

From Site A to Site B:

-------

You do not have permission to begin a remote session.

--------

I don’t know how this is so as I have setup All the need permissions under Network>Peers >Domain>Services for Site B.

I get this error when Site B tries to network to Site A:

From Site B to Site A.

---------

RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:Payload not encryptedERROR 1:1:Payload not encrypted

-----------

I don’t see how this is so. Both site have opened (ALL) needed SSO-IDP and SSO-SP servives under Network>Peers>Domain>Services. I don't know way payload sent are not encrpted or why Site A doesn't have permission. What steps could I be missing? This is in need of more. I hope you are doing better.

James

In reply to Ji Ming

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Seems like you forgot this part :

On both, got to Admin > Users > Permissions > Define Roles, only roles that have "Roam to a remote Moodle moodle/site:mnetlogintoremote" will be allowed to roam. Grant the privilege as appropriate.

The simplest is to grant this permission to "Authenticated user" role wink

Hope this helps...
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ji Ming -

I wish that was it. I have this setup correctly for the roles allowed. It looks like permissions are not being pased correctly. I'm getting

1:1 Payload not encrypted

How can it be not encrypted at this point?  In fact, I tried to delete all listed peers but they can't be deleted from the Moodle Network Athentication section. This needs more testing. Hmmm..back to the drawing board.

J

In reply to Ji Ming

Svar: Re: Svar: Testing anyone?

by Alf Martin Johnsen -
Hi James!
I sent you a mail just now, but in case of others with the same problems. Have a look at the attached file and let me know.

Alf Martin

Re: Testing anyone?

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I've followed the documentation, but i've got a problem, when using your server http://www.efaktor.no/nettverk1 (it works with another Moodle test instance on my server).

When i try (as an admin) to enroll my students to the courses on your server (clicking on Admin > Network > Enrollment and your server name), i've got this error message :
RPC enrol/mnet/available_courses:ERROR 2:Payload not signed: faultCode 7017 faultString IP-adressen din samsvarer ikke med den adressen vi har i oppføringen.

Don't understand why...