Moodle Network Forum anyone?

Moodle Network Forum anyone?

by Ji Ming -
Number of replies: 7

Is it possiable to have a Moodle Network forum setup? I'm finding the Moodle Network function to very useful. As a former Fido and GT Network admin I feel that this function has a great future.

Also I'm looking for other Moodle nodes to do testing with.

J

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ji Ming

Re: Moodle Network Forum anyone?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ji Ming -

Martin, can you tell me how I can get more involved in helping to setup a Moodle Network?

Thanks

J

In reply to Ji Ming

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, the networking in Moodle is so you can set up your own networks by linking together your own servers.

A set of wider public and semi-public servers (ie Community Hubs) is still in development. The hubs will be easy to access from any Moodle. We should see all that working early next year in Moodle 2.0. Right now I'm pretty focussed on 1.9 though.

If you want to help somewhere you should probably tell us what sort of help you think you might be able to provide.
In reply to Ji Ming

by Martín Langhoff -
Right now, documentation on how to set it up, and testing. Lots of testing and playing with it...
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Ji Ming -

Hi Martin!

I've just setup Moodle 1.8 on two servers (one the U.S. and one in the Netherlands ). Once I get a Hidden course problem fixed we'll have sites to do a lot of testing with!!....tongueout

J

In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Julian Ridden -
Yup, documentation is what I need at the moment. I have pleanty of sites to test with.

And dang, was hoping the hubs was 1.9. Ohh well, patience makes the heart grow fonder I guess wink