Timer blocking the some part of the questions

Timer blocking the some part of the questions

by Karthik eyan -
Number of replies: 3
Hi guys

I have a 15 inch monitor with 800 X 600 resolution. I am running a moodle 1.8 quiz and the timer is blocking some part of the quiz.Is it possible through some setting to change the timer to the right of the screen instead of displaying it on the left side? I have tried changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 and it has similiar problem...is there is any other solution to this problem.Ah...i am using IE primarily for this, but firefox also faces similiar problems...

Thanx in advance....
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karthik eyan

Re: Timer blocking the some part of the questions

by Karthik eyan -
ok got this resolved..placed the timer on the right side of the screen...

In reply to Karthik eyan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Karthik,

When posting a problem on these forums, it is customary, if you find the solution by yourself, to explain what the solution was. This may help other users who have the same problem as yours.wink

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

In reply to Karthik eyan

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I kept it on the left side but made it smaller. It requires changing 3 files but the changes are quick and easy to make. Below is the diff info - let me know if you have questions

/mod/quiz/jstimer.php
@@ -25,6 +25,6 @@
<!--EDIT BELOW CODE TO YOUR OWN MENU-->
-<table class="generalbox" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:150px;">
+<table class="generalbox" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:50px;">
<tr>
<td class="generalboxcontent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100%">
- <table class="generaltable" border="0" width="150" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
+ <table class="generaltable" border="0" width="50" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
@@ -35,3 +35,3 @@
<form id="clock"><div><input onfocus="blur()" type="text" id="time"
- style="background-color: transparent; border: none; width: 70%; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;" />
+ style="background-color: transparent; border: none; width: 70%; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;" />
</div>
@@ -51,3 +51,3 @@
var theTimer = document.getElementById('QuizTimer');
-var theTop = 100;
+var theTop = 25;
var old = theTop;

/mod/quiz/styles.php
@@ -91,3 +91,3 @@
#mod-quiz-attempt #timer .generalbox {
- width:150px
+ width:50px
}